Distribution Best Practices Kickoff Meeting
Entergy New Orleans Gas Business Office, 3700 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-7049
The AGA Distribution Best Practices Orientation and Kickoff Meeting is open to all full and limited members of AGA who are interested in participating in the Distribution Best Practices Program and who will be responsible for the collection of operational performance data. Department managers and directors, first line supervisors and team leaders attend the Distribution Best Practices Kickoff Meeting to gain a common understanding of the data that will be collected for the 2012 benchmarking program. Meeting participants will review and finalize the 2012 benchmarking materials for the following topics:
(1) Company Profile, (2) System Reliability, (3) Gas Control (4) Tech Training & OQ (5) System Regulation and Valve Inspection & Maintenance.
More than 70 natural gas distribution companies participate in this customized program to exchange information and best practices that will be presented at topic-specific roundtables scheduled during the year.
Scheduled activities for the 2012 Orientation and Kickoff Meeting include:
- Executive Committee Meeting (Executive Committee members only), January 17, 7:15–8:30 a.m.
- Steering Committee Meeting (Steering Committee members only), January 17, 8:45–11:30 a.m.
- Records Managment Workshop, January 17, 1:00–5:00 p.m.:
Due to recent incidents occurring in our industry, the accuracy of records maintained for pipelines and appurtenances has become a critical issue for operators. New regulatory proposals are already being contemplated to address records requirements for verification of MAOPs for transmission pipelines. Presentations from member utilities will focus on a variety of issues, including:
1) The use of GIS/GPS to improve records quality and accuracy
2) Transitioning from a paper-based records process to an electronic records process
3) Successful practices in archiving and accessing legacy records
4) Approaches taken in conducting a records search to re-validate the MAOPs of transmission pipelines
5) Impact on regulatory compliance
Distribution Best Practices Program Kickoff Meeting, January 18, 8:00 a.m.–January 19, 2:30 p.m.
1) Best Practices Program Contact Responsibility Overview
2) Best Practices Electronic Survey System (BESS)/Survey Monkey Workshop:
This BESS Workshop is a hands-on workshop that will allow meeting participants to become more familiar with AGA’s data collection and reporting tool for the Best Practices Program. Meeting attendees are encouraged to bring their own laptops so they can participate in the demonstration.
3) Review of Benchmarking Data Packets and Questionnaires. Meeting participants will review and finalize the 2012 benchmarking data packets and questionnaires.
- Steering Committee Meeting (Steering Committee members only), January 19, 3:00–4:30 p.m.
The Kickoff Meeting will adjourn at 2:30 p.m. on January 19, 2012 for all attendees with the exception of the Steering Committee. The Steering Committee will continue with a follow-up meeting from 3:00–4:30 p.m.
Meeting Registration: To register for this meeting, please use the "Registration Information" button in the left column of this page. If you are having problems registering online for the Distribution Best Practices Program Kickoff Meeting, please contact:
Program Services Specialist
Phone: (202) 824-7183; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about the Distribution Best Practices Program, please contact:
Director, Engineering Services
Phone: (202) 824-7332; E-mail: email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you in New Orleans!