For detailed information on the AGA/EEI Finance & Accounting for Non-Financial Utility Professionals and to register CLICK HERE
AGA and EEI are pleased to offer our fourth annual seminar on Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Utility Professionals. This is a comprehensive, fast-paced 1 ½ days of learning that covers the basics of accounting, finance, and budgeting. The seminar is taught by industry experts from natural gas and electric utilities who work on these issues every day. Presentations will build and reinforce ideas presented throughout the class.
This class isn’t meant to turn you into a number-cruncher. You’ll be exposed to the key concepts of accounting and finance in easy-to-understand layman's terms. The class includes explanations of financial terms, processes, and practical application of concepts through hands on exercises that you can relate to. The class features discussion of practical issues such as why we use different accounting treatments for operations and maintenance (O&M) and capital items, and the ratemaking “formula” for determining revenue requirements, including rate of return, rate base, and expenses.
• Read your company’s financial statements with confidence
• Understand the key concepts in Finance and Accounting
• See how your actions and decisions can affect your company’s financial picture
• Communicate more effectively on financial issues with colleagues within your company
• Expand your professional expertise by learning how to apply and use financial information more efficiently
Who should attend?
The seminar is geared towards utility professionals who don’t have a finance/accounting degree. If you have questions regarding the appropriateness of this seminar given your background, please contact the following for additional information:
Doug Allen at AGA, (202) 824-7261, email@example.com
James Kent at EEI, (202) 508-5570, firstname.lastname@example.org