Transmission Pipeline Workshop
Intercontinental Chicago Magnificent Mile
This workshop will focus on what actions on are being taken by the pipeline industry in addressing provisions in the 2011 Pipeline Safety Reauthorization and recent NTSB recommendations.
Regulators, pipeline operators, and service providers are all invited to participate in this forum.
Presentations and discussions will focus on key issues such as:
- Update on status of PHMSA regulatory initiatives, as mandated by 2011 Pipeline Safety Reauthorization
- Actions that pipeline operators are currently taking to prepare themselves for new regulations and amendments to § 192.619
- Results of pipeline operators’ efforts in finding traceable, verifiable, and complete records for MAOP validation
- Commentary on the data that PHMSA is expected to collect as part of its annual transmission operators report due on June 15, 2013
- Lessons learned by operators in pressure testing in-service transmission pipelines
- Experience of LDCs on installation of remote control valves and automatic shutoff valves
- Industry costs expected in meeting legislative mandates
- R&D initiatives that may provide solutions to operational challenges
*Due to limited meeting space, registration will be limited to the first 80 participants.