AGA’s Operations Discussion Groups are an opportunity for member companies to come together to address the operational challenges they face.
These discussion groups are essentially “virtual” roundtables where members can hear presentations and exchange information, ideas, and practices. Each discussion group will meet by webinar or conference call on a quarterly basis with each session lasting between 45 and 90 minutes.
The discussion groups are different from our traditional technical committees in several ways:
- No face-to-face meetings
- No summaries or formal agendas provided
- No projects
- Discussion groups can change each year based upon member interest
The benefits include:
- Allows members to network continually with other utilities that share a particular interest in a given area
- Provides scheduled forums for members to freely exchange experiences and information with other utilities
- Allows companies to select multiple representatives for a particular topic
- No travel involved, minimal time commitment
In 2013, the discussion groups have been established for six key areas: Public Awareness, Odorization, Technical Training & Knowledge Transfer (formerly Employee Technical Training), GPS/GIS & Work Management Systems, Damage Prevention and Contractor/Quality Management.
Dates for each of the calls/webinars are distributed to group members as well as published in our weekly e-Newletter.
Below is contact information for the AGA Staff Executive in charge of each group. Access to the specific discussion group sites is limited to members of the group. To be added to a group, please contact the AGA staff executive listed below. Companies may have multiple representatives in each group.
GPS/GIS & Work Management Systems - Contact Nneka Assing, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contractor/Quality Management - Contact Andrew Lu, email@example.com
Damage Prevention - Contact Andrew Lu, firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Training & Knowledge Transfer - Contact Nneka Assing, email@example.com
Odorization - Contact Kate Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Awareness - Contact Jake Rubin, email@example.com