Distribution and Transmission Engineering
- Collect, develop, and disseminate technical data and information with specific reference to:
Sponsor programs, papers and cooperative efforts in related technical symposia and publish suggested engineering practices and guidelines, technical notes, manuals, white papers, etc. in response to member needs. .
Monitor, review and provide forum for discussion of Federal legislation, codes, and associated rule-making activities related to gas distribution system; advise the Managing Committee of items of concern; and develop and/or assist in developing position papers to positively influence such activities.
Provide liaison with appropriate industry groups, professional associations, research organizations, and other committees for the exchange of information and technical assistance in the areas of interest.
Identify research priorities to enhance the safe, reliable and cost-effective delivery of natural gas.
- The mechanical design of distribution & transmission systems and the components of such systems.
- The analysis of the capability and capacity of distribution & transmission systems and the components of such systems.
- Investigation and application of management science, economic analysis, and other analytical tools to all aspects of the design of distribution & transmission pipeline systems.
- New technologies and their applicability to the mechanical design, analysis and operation of distribution & transmission systems and their components.