The 2015 Edition of the National Fuel Gas Code, ANSI Z223.1/NFPA 54 is approved and will be published in early October.
The 2015 edition include significant revisions including:
- The bonding requirements for CSST are revised so that the bonding connection can be placed on any metallic fitting in the piping system as long as the bonding jumper does not exceed 75 ft in length. In addition, devices used for the bonding connection must be listed to ANSI/UL 467.
- The overpressure protection requirements in Section 5.9 were completely rewritten so that devices covered were entirely within the scope of NFPA 54. The exceptions were further restricted so that overpressure is now required on any system containing an appliance with a maximum inlet pressure of 14 in. w.c. that is supplied with gas at the point of delivery at a pressure greater than 2 psig.
- The 2015 edition also includes expanded requirements for corrosion protection of underground steel piping in 7.1.3,
- New requirements on the drilling and tapping of piping and fittings in 18.104.22.168,
- An update of all flange and gasket coverage in 5.6.10 and 5.6.11
- A new prohibition on PVC & CPVC gas pressure piping in section 22.214.171.124.3.
- A complete rewrite and expansion of Annex G, Recommended Procedure for Safety Inspection of an Existing Appliance Installation, to reflect modern appliances and test methods.
Information that may be useful: