Motor Vehicle Safety – Safety messages from industry, Government and others
Motor Vehicle Safety
- Department of Transportation - Distraction.gov - follow the progress of the U.S. Department of Transportation in working to combat distracted driving.
- The mission of TXTRESPONSIBLY.ORG is to raise awareness of the dangers of texting while driving and to prevent harmful injury or death caused by the act of texting recklessly. Follow this link to visit the TXTRESPONSIBILTY.ORG website. You will also be able to see a number of informational videos on the subject.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration - CMV Web-Based Driving Tips
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration - http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov
- National Safety Council - http://www.nsc.org
- Network of Employers for Traffic Safety (NETS): Driver fatigue quiz, impaired and distracted driving resources, road safety resources, cost of crashes
- AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety - http://www.aaafoundation.org/home/index.cfm
- Tips to being a “Heads Up” Driver
- Free products- Includes Over the Edge and Back (actions necessary to recover your vehicle when one of its tires drops off a raised pavement edge), Distractions in Everyday Driving, Road Rage: How to Avoid Aggressive Driving, How to Avoid Drowsy Driving, How to Avoid Headlight Glare, The Older and Wiser Driver, Drivers 55 Plus: Test Your Own Performance, Flexibility Fitness Training for Improving Older Driver Performance
- For purchase- DVDs: Drivers education, Children in Traffic, Preventing Road Rage, Driver-ZED (Interactive risk management training; designed for teen drivers)
- Report: Improving Traffic Safety Culture in the United States
- Research reports - Aggressive driving, Cell phones and driving, Medical fitness to drive, etc.
- Links to numerous driver safety sites by topic.
- Defenders of Wildlife - Watch Out For Wildlife - Safe Driving Tips
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance - http://www.cvsa.org/default.aspx