- Reviews field practices and procedures, tools and equipment utilized in the construction, maintenance, operation and inspection of distribution systems and the components of such systems.
- Develops surveys, testing practices and other procedures utilized in the evaluation of distribution systems and the components of such systems.
- Develops crew organization, job training, field communication and record systems as these pertain to the construction and maintenance of distribution systems and the components thereof.
- Develops equipment, programs and practices to minimize damage to distribution facilities from outside forces.
- Develops innovative programs to encourage employee development, job enrichment, and productivity gains.
- Exchanges information on fleet management work.
- Monitors gas industry right-of-way and paving restoration issues in cooperation with Distribution & Transmission Engineering Committee.
- Develops, advances and applies the materials management concept, encompassing procurement, purchasing, materials handling, expediting traffic and inventory control, whereby the materials function is viewed from a broad company viewpoint.
- Shares best practices and procedures for safe, reliable and cost-effective delivery of natural gas through the construction and maintenance of gas distribution systems in compliance with codes and standards.
- Identifies research priorities to enhance the safe, reliable and cost-effective delivery of natural gas.
- Sponsors programs and papers in a cooperative effort in related technical symposia, sponsors the publication of committee reports and papers, and the development of articles for publications.
- Shares and develops innovative methods of procuring, operating, maintaining and disposing of fleet vehicles and work equipment in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Develops and publishes committee reports and technical papers and provides liaison with and encourages liaison from appropriate national and international industry groups, professional associations and other committees for the exchange of information and technical assistance relative to areas of interest.
- Collects, develops, and disseminates technical data and information with specific reference to the committee’s scope of interest.
- Monitors and reviews Federal legislation, codes, and associated rulemaking activities which affect the industry and are within the committee's scope of activities, and advises the Managing Committee of items of concern.
- Provides liaison with appropriate industry groups, professional associations, research organizations and other committees for the exchange of information and technical assistance relative to the concerned areas of interest.
- Develops and publishes committee reports and technical papers and provides liaison with/from appropriate national and international industry groups, professional associations and other committee for the exchange of information and technical assistance relative to areas of interest.