1. Develops, collects, assesses and disseminates technical data and information with specific reference to:
- Field, office, and shop procedures, practices, and guidelines for the safe and effective handling, installation, operation, testing and maintenance of metering, pressure regulation, and associated equipment, including automated metering infrastructure/reading (AMI/AMR) equipment, used in distribution systems from the transmission line gate station to the customer's connection downstream of the meter.
- Scientific principles, applications and usage of the equipment specified above, and
- Equations and formulas, and their practical implementation for usage in calculating accurate volumetric quantities.
2. Sponsors programs, papers and presentations within the industry. Liaises with national and international industry groups, standards developing organizations, professional associations, and other committees for the exchange of information and technical assistance relative to areas of interest.
3. Investigates new technologies related to areas of interest
4. Identifies and fosters research ideas related to committee activities, including the definition of problems and the collection of data pertinent for support of research proposals.
5. Monitors and reviews Federal and State regulatory and legislative issues, which are within the scope of the committee activities, and advises AGA Committees.
6. Develops and publishes reports, manuals and engineering technical notes for reference by the members and the industry.