- Promotes safety and health programs in order to protect employees and the general public.
- Sponsors programs and papers, cooperative effort in related technical symposia, the publication of committee reports and papers and the development of articles for publication.
- Monitors and reviews federal regulation, codes, and associated rule-making activities which affect the industry and are within the committee's scope of activities, and to advise the managing committee of items of concern.
- Identifies research priorities to enhance the safe, reliable and cost–effective delivery of natural gas.
- Sponsors programs and papers in a cooperative effort in related technical symposia, sponsors the publication of committee reports and papers, and the development of articles for publications.
- To provide liaison with appropriate industry groups, professional associations, research organizations and other committees for the exchange of information and technical assistance relative to the concerned areas of interest.
- Collects, develops, and disseminates technical data and information with specific reference to the committee’s scope of interest.
- Develops and publishes committee reports and technical papers and provides liaison with/from appropriate national and international industry groups, professional associations and other committee for the exchange of information and technical assistance relative to areas of interest.