- Represents the interests of supplemental gas supply operations which may include but not be limited to liquefied natural gas, LPG-Air, synthetic natural gas, landfill gas, methanol, biomass gas, coal gasification, hydrogen, unconventional gas, and their processing, conditioning, storage, transportation, regasification, and utilization.
- Shares techniques, developments, and practices in supplemental gas supply operations.
- Shares planning, design, safe practices, emergency procedures, operations, maintenance, in supplemental gas supply facilities and other gas supply operations.
- Monitors, recommends, and reports industry relative codes and standards activity including changes, proposals, etc.
- Identifies research priorities to enhance the safe, reliable and cost–effective delivery of natural gas.
- Sponsors programs and papers in a cooperative effort in related technical symposia, sponsors the publication of committee reports and papers, and the development of articles for publications.
- Develops and publishes committee reports and technical papers and provides liaison with and encourages liaison from appropriate national and international industry groups, professional associations and other committees for the exchange of information and technical assistance relative to areas of interest.
- Collects, develops, and disseminates technical data and information with specific reference to the committee’s scope of interest.
- Monitors and reviews Federal legislation, codes, and associated rulemaking activities which affect the industry and are within the committee's scope of activities, and advises the Managing Committee of items of concern.