1. Develops, collects, assesses and disseminates technical data and information with specific
- Procedures, practices, and guidelines for the safe and effective installation, operation, testing and maintenance of metering and associated equipment including volume and pressure control equipment used in production, gathering, and transmission of natural and substitute gas from the source to the outlet of a transmission line gate station,
- Scientific principles, applications and usage of all types of volumetric, mass and energy metering devices associated with the equipment specified above, and
- Equations and formulas, and their practical implementation for usage in calculating accurate volumetric, mass and energy quantities.
2. Sponsors programs, papers and presentations within the industry at related technical symposiums,and provides liaison with and encourages liaison from appropriate national and international industry groups, professional associations and other committees for the exchange of information and technical assistance relative to areas of interest.
3. Investigates new technologies related to areas of interest.
4. Identifies and fosters research ideas related to committee activities, including the definition of problems and the collection of data pertinent for support of research proposals.
5. Monitors and reviews Federal regulatory and legislative issues, which are within the scope of the committee activities, and advises the Managing Committee items of common concern to both LDC and pipeline members of AGA and whether they are being addressed by any other organizations.
6. Develops and publishes reports, manuals and engineering technical notes for reference by the members and the industry.
7. Suggests methods, systems, procedures and techniques to collect, audit and transfer measurement data.