1. Monitors development and operation of underground gas storage activities.
2. Reviews the role of underground storage as a result of:
· Restraints of supply and possible new use of supplemental fuels,
· Public concerns - environment, safety, aesthetics, and
· New and impending rules, regulations, codes and legislation.
3. Discusses the science and art of exploring for, drilling and producing natural gas.
4. Identifies research priorities to enhance the safe, reliable and cost–effective delivery of natural gas.
5. Sponsors programs and papers in a cooperative effort in related technical symposia, sponsors the publication of committee reports and papers, and the development of articles for publications.
6. Develops and publishes committee reports and technical papers and provides liaison with and encourages liaison from appropriate national and international industry groups professional associations and other committees for the exchange of information and technical assistance relative to areas of interest.
7. Collects, develops, and disseminates technical data and information with specific reference to the committee’s scope of interest.