- To develop and/or promote the safety and integrity of systems and protecting the public, employees and property.
- Customer service, installation, and maintenance activities on consumers’ premises beginning at the gas meter or at the property line through the end utilization of gas.
- Internal customer service department activities, such as service technicians training, supervisory control, service procedures, order dispatching, service policies, service and installation of equipment and applicable codes.
- Emergency response, restoration of service, mutual aid or compliance activities.
- Corollary areas such as customer relations and education, appliance venting and air supply, codes and standards, regulatory requirements, utilization research and environmental matters, training manuals and programs, customer and employee safety, appliance performance and serviceability.
- Technology, field communications record keeping, productivity and satisfaction measures as they relate to field services.
- To investigate new technologies as related to our areas of interest.
- To sponsor programs, papers and presentations within the industry at related technical symposiums.
- To develop and publish committee reports and technical papers and provide liaison with and encourage liaison from appropriate national and international industry groups, professional associations and other committees for the exchange of information and technical assistance relative to areas of interest.