- Provide technical expertise to the Managing Committee and Operating Section Regulatory Action Committee for transmission regulatory initiatives involving Part 191 and Part 192.
- Provide a forum for AGA members to exchange information and practices regarding LDC-operated transmission pipelines, particularly compliance with Transmission Integrity Management Regulations
- Provide support to AGA in collecting industry information and developing industry documents associated with actions identified in "AGA's Commitment to Enhancing Safety"
- Develop technical papers to assist AGA in advocacy efforts
- Review industry studies, publications and standards from other national organizations relating to transmission pipelines and provide feedback from the LDC/transmission operator perspective
- Provide support for AGA Best Practices Program