Intern, Operations and Engineering
The American Gas Association, founded in 1918, represents more than 200 local energy companies that deliver clean natural gas throughout the United States. There are more than 75 million residential, commercial and industrial natural gas customers in the U.S., of which 95 percent — more than 71 million customers — receive their gas from AGA members. Today, natural gas meets more than 30 percent of the United States' energy needs.
American Gas Association (AGA) is looking for a technically competent intern to join its Operations and Engineering team for the summer. The intern for this position should expect to learn about natural gas distribution piping systems including topics of pipeline safety, security and operations; gas measurement; and supplemental gas. The intern will assist the O&E team by providing technical support for developing pipeline safety policies and operations issues for our member companies, conducting operations information sharing initiatives, publishing and participating in development of industry standards, reports and technical papers.
AGA professional staff provide mentoring and assistance with professional development skills. Successful participation will be a great addition to the intern’s resume.
- Preparing summary of revisions for referenced national and international standards
- Preparing summary of national research documents
- Reviewing and editing technical documents for organization, content, technical accuracy and style.
- Integrate technical papers into technical reference library
- Assisting with various industry surveys to include creation, analysis, and writing a summary report.
- Downloading files from Federal Government public website, formatting and using data to prepare various statistics
Applicants should be engineering, science, math or other technical field majors with excellent research and communication skills, and experience with Microsoft Office software including Access. SQL or other database experience preferred.
Engineering disciplines, science, math or technical majors
Interested applicants should submit resume through our application process. Be certain to include a cover letter and writing sample.