Manager, Budget & Accounting
Role and Responsibilities
Budgeting & Financial Reporting
- Direct and coordinate activities responsible for formulation, monitoring and presentation of budgets for controlling funds to implement program objectives.
- Prepare comprehensive annual budgets and quarterly forecasts with narrative reports for top management and Board of Directors.
- Work to ensure budget targets are achieved by identifying budget variances in a timely manner and pro-actively communicating the potential impact to senior management.
- Communicate and meet with budget managers for budget reconciliation and variance analysis.
- Train and assist budget end-users on AGA’s budgeting process including use of budgeting software to facilitate and enhance the accuracy and timeliness of budget data.
- Compile data based on analysis of past and current years and create various schedules to prepare budgets and to justify funds requested.
- Review operating budgets periodically to analyze trends and significant budget variances affecting budget needs.
- Maintain current reporting structure/financial reports within the financial management reporting system and budgeting software tool.
- Review employee expense reports processed weekly by the Accounting staff to ensure compliance with AGA’s travel policy.
- Serve as a backup reviewer of weekly accounts payable processing.
- Manage all the accounting activities (including accounts payable, deposits, pledge and support reconciliation, investments, preparation of journal entries, form 990 tax return and audit preparation, unclaimed property tax return, annual budget and forecast, 1099-MISC, etc.) and financial reporting for the American Gas Foundation, a 501c(3) organization.
- Manage activities in the fixed asset function.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping and preparation of DC personal property tax return, unclaimed property tax return, and 1099-MISC.
- Communicate with and conduct training sessions for new employees in usingManagement Reporter, Adaptive Insights or current budgeting software, and SAP Concur Expense.
- Tracking of and reporting on AGA’s annual lobbying activities.
- Manage and supervise weekly deposit of checks received onsite.
- Perform various month and year-end closing activities.
- Assist in annual financial audit preparation of AGA and the American Gas Foundation.
- Assist in ad hoc accounting projects and special assignments as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited university/college is required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation desired.
- Expertise in accounting theory and practices
- Adept at different budgeting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to serve as a reliable and collaborative colleague
- Ability to engage with executives
- Proficiency writing narrative reports and memoranda for various audiences
- Customer service mentality and a commitment to timely responsiveness.
- Ability to manage several priorities simultaneously and perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- At least five years’ experience as an accounting manager or similar position.
For more information or to apply, follow this link.