Manager, State Affairs
- The Manager, State Affairs supports the development and implementation of AGA advocacy at the state level.
- Manage the administrative functions of the State Affairs Department, assisting the Senior Director, State Affairs, as well as providing administrative support to other members of the State Affairs team.
Knowledge and Capability Requirements:
- Support Department’s efforts to expand relationships with key policymakers across the country in order to advance AGA’s advocacy priorities at the state level
- In conjunction with the State Affairs staff, identify, track and analyze state regulation and legislation and other relevant state policies
- Assist in preparation of materials needed to effectively advocate AGA’s policy positions at the state level
- Conduct research and develop analysis and supporting collateral materials for use in state outreach among both AGA members and state policymakers
- Research, develop and maintain departmental materials for suite of relevant policy matters
- Update and maintain AGA issue-area compendiums on relevant issues and advocacy priorities
- Monitor and track legislation and maintain departmental index of relevant bills
- Aid in the development and maintenance of regulatory and legislative program content for AGA website
- Other duties will include a wide variety of administrative matters
- Minimum three years of experience supporting legislative, regulatory, lobbying and/or political work
- Command of legislative process and/or public relations
- Existing relationships with state policymakers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency, flexibility and the ability multitask
- Ability to travel and availability to work non-traditional hours as required
For immediate consideration, please complete AGA's application process through ADP.