Regulatory Policy Analyst, OGC
The Regulatory Policy Analyst position assists the attorneys in AGA’s Office of General Counsel on various legal and regulatory matters. The Regulatory Policy Analyst is expected to keep AGA’s members informed of judicial and administrative issuances of interest to the natural gas industry and provide summaries to the relevant committees. The Regulatory Policy Analyst will also assist in the planning of meetings and conferences, and other member events. A successful candidate should have excellent written and oral communication skills in order to draft summaries of regulatory issuances for members, respond to member inquiries, and contribute to the drafting of comments in agency proceedings and work collaboratively with the attorneys in the office.
Role and Responsibilities
- Monitor and report on activities of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), the U.S. Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency and other Federal agencies in areas of energy market regulation, energy conservation standards, and environmental reviews and permitting of natural gas infrastructure
- Assist with the development of comments on regulatory rulemakings before FERC and the other agencies noted above
- Draft summaries and analyses to keep members informed of litigation, regulatory and legislative developments affecting natural gas utilities.
- Maintain federal regulatory content on the AGA website
- Conduct research, develop analyses and contribute collateral materials in support of policy proposals to advance AGA member interests on projects as directed by the attorneys in the Office of General Counsel
- Assist in the preparation and review of reports, presentations and collateral materials for use in outreach and communications in the above-named areas
- Respond to member inquiries within the scope of this position
- Assist the staff executive to the Natural Gas Council in policy matters
- Assist in topic development and logistical preparation for the four AGA FERC Regulatory Committee meetings; present the Committee with updates on recent and ongoing FERC regulatory developments
For more information, or to apply for this position, follow this link.