Senior Manager, Communications
Reporting to the Vice President of Communications, the Senior Manager, Communications is an integral member of AGA’s Communications Team and a key contributor to AGA’s communications strategy. The Senior Manager, Communications is directly responsible for overseeing AGA’s advertising, digital and web properties, including the blog and social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube) through the effective use of digital media tools and tracking platforms to provide timely and valuable information to targeted audiences.
The incumbent is responsible for driving improvements to the overall web experience and growing and cultivating critical online audiences through oversight of all content and web communications and strategic oversite of key metrics. The Senior Manager, Communications is expected to partner with other Communications Team colleagues, AGA’s IT department, other internal stakeholders and AGA members as appropriate. The incumbent will manage a Content & Digital Community Specialist.
Role and Responsibilities
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Engage with AGA Communications Team to help craft and refine digital communications strategies to position AGA as the leading, credible voice and educational hub for natural gas issues, and help to ensure wide acceptance of natural gas as the clean foundation fuel for America’s economic vitality, energy and national security, and choice for consumers;
- Develop web marketing/communications strategies and branded social media campaigns to support and execute on the organization’s communications plan;
- Develop digital editorial calendar and contribute to overall Communications editorial calendar to support broader strategy
- Work closely with the AGA leadership, IT department and internal website committee to oversee a digital transformation of the website, including a new Content Management Systems (CMS), public needs, members-only sections/features and blog;
- In coordination with the IT team, oversee the updating of AGA’s e-newsletter platform (Higher Logic) templates, membership database integration and subscriber preference pages, as well as work with staff to follow new guidelines, best practices and troubleshooting efforts;
- Collaborate with IT colleagues on web infrastructure improvements and security to ensure the usefulness of the sites with key audiences;
- Ensure brand consistency across all AGA web properties, e-newsletters and social media platforms;
- Utilize Google analytics, Lucky Orange and other web audience software to analyze demographic and behavioral characteristics of the targeted audiences, to help guide the association’s digital strategy;
- Deliver weekly analytical reports to inform the Vice President, Communications and CEO of association’s website and social media platform metrics and make adjustments accordingly;
- Assist with outreach efforts to Member Company Communications delegates to gain an understanding of the digital communications needs and strategies of the membership;
- Develop and maintain a strong network of digital media professionals in organizations operating in both the public and private sectors to keep abreast of new and innovative tools/practices to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of websites;
- Establish a social media policy for staff members, encouraging participation in a safe and responsible manner.
Digital Media Operations
- Day-to-day oversight of the content and messaging on AGA website, blog and social media platforms, including creative process, executive, implementation and troubleshooting efforts;
- Direct and execute all web property design enhancements to ensure the look, feel and usability are well aligned with the Association’s objectives and communications activities;
- Provide oversight of vendors used for web services, as well as additional digital and design projects;
- Perform optimization activities to achieve higher ranking in search engine results whether through creating original, organic content or digital advertising on social media platforms;
- Oversee the execution of the Association’s social networking strategy activities;
- Act as an advisor on user interaction, content development and web publishing;
- Manage the consistent presentation of the AGA brand with all web communications activities;
- Build relationships with member company communications delegates and provide the channels and forums to share digital media best practices;
- Provide website guidance to AGA’s leadership team and staff;
- Establish website metrics based on current web best practices, provide ongoing reporting and analysis of website traffic and usage, use performance to help guide communications strategy and execution.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related discipline required
- At least 7 years related work experience
- Proven experience in the development and ongoing management of websites for large organizations; industry association experience is preferred
- Excellent writing and editorial capability, excellent communication skills
- Experience with web metric tools including Google Analytics and Lucky Orange
- Deep understanding of best practices in all aspects of web publishing, site usage/navigation and measurement
- Strong proficiency with state-of-the-art website design tools
- Ability to perform and/or manage graphic design layout activities
- Familiarity with emerging web technologies
For more information or to apply, follow this link.