Technical Writer, O&E
AGA is seeking a Technical Writer to join our Operations and Engineering Services Team. Reporting to the Director, Operation and Engineering Services, the Writer reviews, revises, and maintains technical documents such as white papers and publications for the Operations Section (Operations & Engineering Department) programs and technical committees.
Role and Responsibilites:
- Consolidate feedback from multiple stakeholders into one comprehensive document.
- Proofread and format publications and other documents, make editorial corrections, and provide publication support.
- Include appropriate and relevant graphics for the documents being developed.
- Attend technical meetings and provide on-site revisions to standards and documents.
- Participate virtually or travel in-person to Operating Section meetings, workshops, and other events when requested.
- Communicate complex concepts and information in a way that is engaging and understandable by all readers.
- Participate in the development of advocacy position papers for federal and other agencies.
- Develop document templates to ensure consistency in formatting and presentation of information.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- At least 3 years of experience in technical writing
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25%
- Ability to learn and analyze Natural Gas Industry fundamentals and terminology
- Mastery with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), creating tables, charts and graphics and working with long and/or complex documents.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
How to apply:
Interested candidates should include 3 writing samples, such as processes or procedures for technical work, publications, etc.
Applications should be submitted via this link.