Apply for Full Membership
The American Gas Association (AGA) represents more than 200 local energy companies committed to the safe and reliable delivery of clean natural gas to nearly 69 million customers throughout the nation. Our voice of advocacy never wavers, falters or fails to continuously tell the natural gas story and the commitment of our companies to represent the interests of their customers.
AGA - the advocate for the natural gas utility industry.
- Advancing the interests of our members’ customers on multiple issues including natural gas supply and demand, climate change, pipeline safety and LIHEAP.
- Working with the DOE, DOT, EPA, FERC and others to foster a fuller understanding of the issues critical to American natural gas customers.
- Helping NARUC and other state regulatory organizations understand how natural gas utilities’ interests are aligned with their customers.
- Informing and educating the financial community about investment opportunities in the natural gas utility industry.
- Helping our industry keep current on issues and trends critical to its continuing success, such as how to retain and recruit the best and brightest new employees to join our workforce.
AGA – a primary source for vital industry data and the leader in standards development.
- Gathering data, developing reports and disseminating information to a wide variety of audiences in support of the industry’s advocacy priorities.
- Codes and standards provide America’s natural gas utilities a strong foundation to safely and reliably serve their customers.
- Industry reference materials and standards help individual companies use recognized and accepted procedures to implement the best and most current operational and business practices.
AGA provides unparalleled educational and networking opportunities.
- Forums and technological opportunities to facilitate information sharing on safety, security, reliability, efficiency, environmental, operations, customer care, rate design, regulatory trends, workforce, financial, accounting, customer service and consumer affairs.
- Multiple forums for “best practice” sharing to assist in the achievement of operational, technological and customer service excellence.
- Through participation in the International Gas Union, AGA provides forums for the exchange of ideas between international and American natural gas companies.
For more information please contact Tracy Burleson (email@example.com / 202/824-7229). Membership dues for Full members are tiered, based on a 3-year average of operating income based on gas assets. For a quick estimate of what dues would be for your organization simply complete the Full Membership Cost Estimate Form (Adobe PDF File)