ANSI ASC Z223 on National Fuel Gas Code
The American Gas Association serves as the secretariat to the ANSI Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) Z223 on National Fuel Gas Code. The ASC Z223 develops and publishes ANSI Z223.1, National Fuel Gas Code, which is jointly developed with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 54 Committee and is consequently also known as NFPA 54. View the Z223 Committee Interest Category Balance and Z223 Committee Procedures.
Current edition: 2021 National Fuel Gas Code.
Next edition: 2024 National Fuel Gas Code.
- Announced: Pre-First Draft and First Draft Meetings
- 2024 NFGC Public Input Closing Date: June 1, 2021 (CLOSED)
- ANSI Public Initiation Notification (PINS) published: May 21, 2021
- Comments on PINS due: June 21, 2021 (CLOSED)
- 2021 National Fuel Gas Code published on September 17, 2020
- ANSI issues final approval of the 2021 National Fuel Gas Code on April 2, 2020
- ANSI Public Review comments due December 2, 2019 (CLOSED)
- Draft Second Revison Report
- Draft Cumulative 2021 Edition Preprint
- Errata Z223.1-2018-1
- Summary of Revisions
- PowerPoint Presentation on 2018 Revisions
- 2018 Edition - Cross Reference and Comparison with 2018 IFGC
- Formal Interpretation: Section 22.214.171.124 (A)
- Errata Z223.1-2015-1
- Errata Z223.1-2015-2
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Revision Summary List
- Become a new member - download the application form, committee procedures and other code development information
- Stay Current – Purchase the 2018 Edition