2020 AGA's Virtual Information Program Series: Setting Goals and Identifying Key Performance Indicators for Gas Operations
May 15, 2020 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
WEBINAR OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS
Under the NEW AGA Virtual Information Program Series (VIP). AGA will be conducting it's first webinar "Setting Goals and Identifying Key Performance Indicators for Gas Operations", for member companies to hear how three other utilities develop goals and use them to manage performance in gas operations. Key issues which will be covered during the 90 minute session include:
- What process is used to develop goals on an annual basis?
- What source(s) of industry data is used to establish goals for Gas Operations?
- What is the best approach in having senior leadership communicate goals broadly and directly to the entire extended leadership team (down to supervisor level)? Or alternatively, is it preferred to have an organization cascade one level of the organization at a time (VP to Directors, Directors then to Managers, etc.)?
- How do goals link to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)?
- How is performance captured for employees to see and to understand?
- Is it better to have metrics/KPI targets established at the operating division( or local service center) level or only for overall Gas Operations?
- What is the process to validate the data for accuracy, in developing the reports to management?
- What to do when it is clear a metric/KPI target will not be met mid-way through the year?
- What metrics make sense to track to measure the impact of COVID-19?
Ryan Lewis, Manager Gas Engineering & Asset Management, PECO
Robin Kies, Vice President of Financial Services and Performance Management, Ameren IL
Robert Woudenberg, Manager of Performance Services & Reporting, PSE&G