The American Gas Association (AGA), founded in 1918, represents energy companies delivering natural gas safely, reliably, and in an environmentally responsible way to help improve the quality of life for their customers every day. Headquartered on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., AGA is committed to leveraging and utilizing America’s abundant, domestic, affordable and clean natural gas to help meet the nation’s energy and environmental needs.
By working collectively, AGA members:
- Enhance their operational excellence;
- Protect the interests of the natural gas industry;
- Address common concerns; and
- Promote the efficient use of natural gas.
AGA’s mission is to provide clear value to its membership and serve as the indispensable, leading voice and facilitator on its behalf in promoting the safe, reliable, and efficient delivery of natural gas to homes and businesses across the nation. AGA also provides a broad range of programs and services for member natural gas pipelines, marketers, gatherers, international natural gas companies and industry associates.
Companies join AGA based on the following membership categories:
- U.S. Energy Utilities: U.S. natural gas distribution companies and their corporate parents.
- Transmission and Marketing Companies: U.S. natural gas transmission companies; Canadian and Mexican natural gas distribution and transmission companies; and natural gas marketers, brokers and gatherers.
- Exploration and Production Companies: Companies involved in the extracting and production of natural gas and liquified natural gas companies
- Products and Services Companies: Suppliers; consultants; professionals in the operating, financial, marketing and legal communities; and others who provide products or services to the natural gas industry.
- International Energy Companies and Affiliates: Utilities or other entities outside North America interested in international gas activities.
- Industry Associates - Associations or organizations affiliated with the natural gas industry.
Apply for Membership
- U.S. Energy Utilities Membership
- Transmission and Marketing Companies Membership
- Products and Services Companies Membership