Call for Nominations! 2023 Gas Industry Awards
AGA is pleased to announce nominations are now being accepted for the following gas industry awards. These awards are given annually at AGA’s Operations Conference to recognize exemplary individuals who have made significant contributions to the natural gas industry, as well as for their heroic actions.
To submit a nomination(s), please click on the appropriate award below to complete the online nomination form. The deadline for award nominations is January 20, 2023.
Nominations are being accepted for:
- AGA Distribution Achievement Award, recognizes an individual who in the past five years, has made a significant contribution to the science and art of gas distribution.
- AGA Meritorious Service Award, awarded to an individual who has performed the most meritorious act in the gas industry in saving a human life during the prior calendar year.
- AGA Research and Innovation Award (NEW), provides recognition to an individual, group, or company who has made an outstanding contribution to improving the natural gas system safety, delivery, design, construction, operation, maintenance, efficiency, or environmental footprint through their research and/or innovation efforts.
- Milton W. Heath, Sr. Memorial Award, sponsored by Heath Consultants Inc., recognizes an individual who in the past five years, has made an outstanding contribution to leak detection, prevention, or repair.
Award of Merit
Based on a point system, the Operations Section Award of Merit gives public recognition to those whose service to the gas industry, through participation in the activities of the section, has been outstanding.
This includes; outstanding leadership, participation in AGA events and continuous and dedicated organizational service.
There are five levels of awards and a Lifetime Achievement category for an individual who has accumulated points of 150 or more:
- Award of Merit (Bronze) — 25 points
- Award of Merit (Silver) — 50 points
- Award of Merit (Gold) — 75 points
- Award of Merit (Platinum) — 100 points
- Award of Merit (Diamond) — 125 points
View a copy of the AGA Operations Section Awards Manual
Committee members may view their accrued points (as of year end 2021) here.
For award inquiries, contact Debbie Ellis.
The AGA Safety Awareness Video Excellence (SAVE) Award recognizes the outstanding contributors to natural gas communications safety and education.
The next SAVE Award will be announced at the 2023 AGA Operations Conference.
You can find more information about the awards at the links below (must be logged in to see). Contact Stephanie Stouffer with any questions.