Call for Award Nominations!
AGA is currently accepting nominations for the following Gas Industry Awards.
Award recipients will be recognized at the 2021 AGA Operations Conference & Biennial Exhibition being held October 5-8 in Orlando.
Please click on the appropriate award below to complete the online nomination form. The deadline for award nominations is April 15, 2021.
- AGA Distribution Achievement Award, recognizes the individual who in the past five years has made a significant contribution to the science and art of gas distribution.
- AGA Meritorious Service Award, awarded to the "individual who has performed the most meritorious act in the gas industry in saving a human life during the prior calendar year."
- John B. McGowan Sr. Research Award, sponsored by Hubbell/Gas Breaker, is to provide recognition to an individual or company who has made an outstanding contribution to improving the natural gas system safety, delivery, design, construction, operation, maintenance or efficiency through their research efforts.
- Milton W. Heath, Sr. Memorial Award, sponsored by Heath Consultants Inc., recognizes the individual who in the past five years has made an outstanding contribution to leak detection, prevention or repair.
AGA contact: Debbie Ellis
Award of Merit
Based on a point system, the Operations Section Award of Merit gives public recognition to those whose service to the gas industry, through participation in the activities of the section, has been outstanding.
This includes; outstanding leadership, participation in AGA events and continuous and dedicated organizational service.
There are five levels of awards and a Lifetime Achievement category for an individual who has accumulated points of 150 or more:
- Award of Merit (Bronze) — 25 points
- Award of Merit (Silver) — 50 points
- Award of Merit (Gold) — 75 points
- Award of Merit (Platinum) — 100 points
- Award of Merit (Diamond) — 125 points
Click here to download an alphabetical listing of members and points accrued through year end 2019.
View a copy of the AGA Operations Section Awards Manual
For award inquiries, contact Debbie Ellis.
The AGA Safety Awareness Video Excellence (SAVE) Award recognizes the outstanding contributors to natural gas communications safety and education.
Information about the 2018 winners can be found here.