Committed to leveraging and utilizing America's abundant, domestic, affordable and clean natural gas to help meet the nation's energy and environmental needs.
The American Gas Association (AGA) represents companies delivering natural gas safely, reliably, and in an environmentally responsible way to help improve the quality of life for their customers every day. AGA's mission is to provide clear value to its membership and serve as the indispensable, leading voice and facilitator on its behalf in promoting the safe, reliable, and efficient delivery of natural gas to homes and businesses across the nation.
- Conducts programs and develops standards to help enhance the safe delivery of natural gas to consumers;
- Advocates for natural gas industry issues, regulatory constructs and business models that are priorities for the industry;
- Promotes growth in the efficient use of natural gas by emphasizing before a variety of stakeholders the benefits of clean, abundant natural gas as part of the solution to the nation's energy and environmental goals;
- Facilitates the exchange of information and improvement of performance metrics to help members achieve operational excellence;
- Helps members manage and respond to the energy needs of customers, regulatory trends, natural gas or capital market issues and emerging technologies;
- Collects, analyzes and disseminates information to opinion leaders, policy makers and consumers about the benefits provided by energy utilities and the natural gas industry;
- Encourages the development, commercialization, and regulatory acceptance of natural gas end-use technologies; and
- Delivers measurable value to AGA members.